Friday, May 22, 2015

Visiting the American Museum of Natural History as a kid!

My fascination with dinosaurs began in the 1980s when I was just a kid.  Long before Jurassic Park and Walking with Dinosaurs, my world of paleontology came from library books, Reading Rainbow, and the American Museum of Natural History.  One of the most memorable moments of my life was my mother taking me to the AMNH in New York City for the first time.  The dinosaurs halls looked very different then.  Luckily, my mom took pictures.  Looking at these pictures today is surreal.  I can still sense what it was like.  The smell of the museum, seeing the exhibits, & even asking my mom for one of those wooden dinosaur models from the gift shop.  Below are the few pictures I still have from my first visit to the American Museum of Natural History.  The last two comparison photos are of my son and me.  We are both standing in front of the famous T. rex for the first time around the same spot and age!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheers!